Baby Aspen is a premier designer and manufacturer of boutique-quality baby gifts, founded in 2006, offering adorable gift sets, layette, plush, and more. Over the last ten years, we have worked tirelessly to establish Baby Aspen as a premium brand with quality as a top priority.
In order to protect the integrity of the Baby Aspen brand and its products, while also supporting reseller’s efforts, Baby Aspen is introducing a Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAP), effective May 31st, 2016.
The MAP policy is designed to promote fair, competitive pricing and healthy margins for our resellers while maintaining the brand equity consumers attribute to Baby Aspen products. Without this policy, a reseller may undermine Baby Aspen’s brand image and harm other retail partners by pricing Baby Aspen products below certain levels. By adhering to the Baby Aspen MAP Policy, resellers will continue to maintain the high level of satisfaction and customer care expectations that our consumers have come to expect from Baby Aspen, our resellers, and our products.
As our valued retail partner we expect you to agree to and abide by the following requirements and restrictions:
1. The Minimum Advertised Price for any Baby Aspen products shall not be less than 20% below the current Manufactures Retail Price (MSRP), which is published on the Baby Aspen Website. Any additional discounts below the approved 20% amount, must be requested in writing. The amount of the discount and length of time will be determined at the time of the approved promotion. The MAP pricing will be established by Baby Aspen and can be adjusted at its sole discretion. Although resellers are free to establish their own pricing, Baby Aspen will determine whether to continue to do business with any reseller who does not abide by the prices specified in this policy.
2. The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Baby Aspen Products in all media, including, but not limited to, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet, retailers website or similar electronic media, television, radio and public signage.
3. MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the reseller’s retail location or over the phone. Retail owners remain free to sell the Baby Aspen products at any price they choose. MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All retail owners may offer the Baby Aspen products at any price in excess of the MAP. This Policy applies to retailer’s advertised prices only. Examples of MAP violation may be:
- BOGO Offers- Buy one get one – Baby Aspen products must maintain MAP and excluded from the discount or free price.
- Gift with purchase – If Baby Aspen product is the free gift or reduced price.
- Percentage of dollar off rewards.
4. MAP does not include: Free Shipping, in-store sales signage, hangtags, or markings on products, or packaging, sales tax rebates.
5. Retailers agree to hold all trademarks & copyrights of the Baby Aspen products as the property of Baby Aspen.
6. Baby Aspen may run a sale from time to time and in such case the MAP will be the same as the sale price on particular items and on those particular dates of the sale. Baby Aspen will send out notice in advance with details of the special.
7. Sales Representatives of the Baby Aspen products will supply a copy of the Baby Aspen MAP policy to any new or existing reseller to be signed and acknowledged and returned to Baby Aspen. In doing so, will bind the reseller to abide by the MAP and reseller requirements as listed in this document.
8. In the event a Retailer violates this policy, and Baby Aspen does not apply a consequence, will not constitute a waiver by Baby Aspen of its rights to take any action it deems necessary in the future for any violation of this policy. No Retailer or third party shall have the right to force Baby Aspen to enforce this Policy against any other person of entity, including another Retailer.
Baby Aspen MAP Agreement Confirmation
This MAP policy has be established to help ensure the brand equity and legacy of Baby Aspen products, and to protect the reputation of its trademarks and copyrights. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure distributors, resellers, and sales representatives have the incentive to invest resources into our services and products for the customers.